It’s so easy to compare yourself to someone else in the gym. Instead of worrying about how far behind somebody else you are, take pride in your achievements and focus on your own progress. The time you spend at the gym should be one of the highlights of your day!
Here are 11 Tips to Keeping Your Training Fun and Stress Free!
- Find a training partner that is supportive, motivating, and fun!
- Make an upbeat playlist with music that will put you in a good mood.
- Find a gym that supports your goals with supportive people.
- Try to take a new class once a month to switch up your training routine. (I love a hip-hop cardio class!)
- Give yourself AT LEAST 1-2 rest days a week to recover and spend some time away from the gym.
- Remember, how much you can lift does not define your worth.
- Put your ego aside and be okay with having a beginner mindset (even if you’re a pro!)
- It’s not that serious…we’re just moving our bodies!
- Put on a cute workout fit…yessss.
- Focus on yourself…nobody else is judging you because they’re too busy worrying about themselves.
- If programming your own workout stresses you out, hire a trainer (like me!) to do that for you so you can focus on lifting and not worry about wandering around the gym not sure what to do.
How much cardio do you ladies do? I hate cardio but I have a really hard time keeping my weight down with just lifting 5 days a week.
Hi Ashley! How did I miss this comment…oops! Right now, I’m lifting 3x a week and trying to get in one cardio session (like a Barry’s bootcamp) when I can.