Want to reduce relying on energy drinks and sugary caffeinated drinks throughout the day for energy? There are many ways to get your energy up, and here are some alternative ways you can boost your energy without the drinks…give some a try!
- Almond or peanut butter.
- Protein in every meal (almonds, chicken, turkey, fish etc).
- Complex carbs like sweet potatoes, lentils, veggies and brown rice
- Fiber…oats and nuts
- Chia seeds
- Plenty of water
- Fresh OJ, vegetable juice
- Green Tea
- Zinc: Poultry, fish, eggs, whole grains
- Iodine: Salt-water fish
- Copper: Seafood, nuts, seeds
- Chromium: Egg yolks, whole grains
- Phosphorus: poultry, fish, eggs, whole grains, nuts, seeds
- Vitamin B12, B 3, or B- complex
- Green Tea Extract
- Vitamin C
- Omega 3
- Keep a positive attitude.
- Get moving! Exercise. Take stretch breaks. Go for a quick walk.
- Power nap if needed.
- Get plenty of sleep a day (8-9hrs is my jam!)
- Try to surround yourself with people with good energy!
- Blast some great music.
- Wake up at the same time every day.
- Get some sun.
- Reduce daily stress. Laugh…it raises your blood pressure in a good way!
- Balance your life. Have YOU time!